Objective: to create a user interface on an existing MS Access database that will allow lookup, delete, add and delete functionalities, as well as report generation and email sending.
Our client is manually looking up and updating data on the Access database. As the DB has grown the amount of time required to maintain the DB has grown exponentially.
1. The user interface will need lookup tools, i.e. entering a client number, or surname, or address to bring up full record details - where several records are found, a list needs to appear allowing user to select the record.
2. Once full details appear, this can then be updated or deleted.
3. Functionality to add new records.
4. Functionality to send emails to given records, based on information in given fields.
5. Some fields may need to be calculated, i.e. where there is a commission rate of 10%, then box x shows this in £.
6. Automated tools:
- Automatically include a sequential client number for new records.
- Auto update of fields - i.e. remove a flag in field 30, from 30 days of the date in field 28.
7. Access to DB will be restricted - access should only be via UI.
8. Report generation on given field(s), i.e. maintenance due in the next 30 days (using field x).
- There are templates available in the latest versions of Access - we are happy to use and update a given template for this project.
- Project needs to be functional by 29/04 - exactly what is delivered on this date can be arranged up-front.
- A copy of the database is attached - it has been created using Office 2016.
- Please state the programming language you intend on using.
- We will provide grouping information for the UI once the project has been awarded.
- Evidence of work with UIs would be beneficial.
- DB is in .mdb format, this can be updated.
- This is our first UI project, therefore, we would appreciate feedback and input on the above requirements, as we may have missed simple requirements that should have been included!
Thank you in advance, and please let me know if you require further information.
Update 1 - we will need project coding to be delivered once given steps have been completed. From our side, we will deliver milestones at these points also,