A standalone php module which can be easily integrated into a larger application framework. The features of the module are as follows:
1. The user should be presented with a button or dialogue allowing them to browse their local desktop and select a photo.
2. The module should be able to restrict manipulating photos based on file size (k/mb)
3. The photo should be displayed in a temporary workspace allowing the user to preview and make edits. The edits are as follows:
a) Zoom in and out within fixed-aspect crop marks so that the image can be resized.
b) The user should be able to move the crop marks to recenter the image inside the work space.
c) The user should be able to name or label the photo.
3. As an optional item, it would be desirable if the image could be optimized (resolution, colour depth) at the end of editing. This should be done client-side, in the browser.
4. Once the user has completed edits the user should be able to hit 'save', at which point the image gets stored to a mysql database as a blob.
5. The image should be saved to the database as both a full-sized image as well as a thumbnail.
6. The user should have the ability to preview the image and thumbnail inside the window after submission.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
The successful candidate will be able to take these general deliverables, come up with a creative programming solution and work with a minimum amount of supervision/feedback.
We are looking specifically for someone capable of performing the above tasks. We will not consider anyone who does not address the specific project deliverables. Random portfolio samples of unrelated work will be ignored.
Please include a time estimate and total cost to deliver this module.
This is also an opportunity for on-going application development for work of exceptional quality.
Thanks, and warm regards.