Video / Content Editor
There are 2 types of content we create:
1. Training/Instructional Videos to onboard, train, and develop our staff
2. Digital Marketing Content
* Working with the content team to create stories assisted by or driven by graphics to convey storytelling concepts to the general public and/or target audience in an effective and engaging manner;
* Collaborating closely with the Management to identify, establish, and implement objectives and strategies for video and photography creation, collection and distribution
• Video ideation on your projects including story development and storyboard
* Creating and delivering compelling motion graphics to support digital strategy in various media including but not exclusive to video, web, mobile and interactive;
* Input music, dialogues, graphics and effects
* Adhere to client identity and branding standards
* Assist with distributing content to youtube and social media channels and/or marketing team
* Assist with the management and maintenance of photo and video library
• Responsible for post-production tasks including reviewing footage, rough cuts, audio adjustment, color correction, and final editing using Premiere Pro and/or After Effect;
* Be flexible and solution oriented;
Skills & Attitude:
* Fluent in Speaking & Writing English
* Excellent communication skills and ability to work with a range of individuals, as needed in the creation of projects;
* Ability to independently accurately estimate work and manage time;
* Understanding of all social media platforms and video requirements for each
* Provide innovative solutions to support complex strategic objectives
• Creativity and imagination
• The ability to manage many (sometimes competing) deadlines
• Be coachable and open to constructive feedback
• Be confident and strong in your technical knowledge
• Comprehensive knowledge and understanding in the latest versions of editing platforms such as Adobe CS, After Effects, Final Cut Pro X, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro; Broadcast & online video formats
* Actively demonstrating the company’s values and mission.
* Strong understanding of the theory and aesthetics of graphics creation, colour correction, video editing and audio mixing;
* Strength and versatility in working on differing editing styles and formats of projects including but not exclusive to explainers, mini-documentary, promotional, brand elements and ads;
• Fluent in social, web and channel trends
• Be a team player and able to work in a fast pace environment;
• You have a track record of creating awesome experiences and can speak to the impact it had on the goals and objectives of the company
• A keen eye for space, timing and movement aesthetics. Basic editing, motion graphics and animation skills;
• Knowledge of photographic trends and techniques, motion after-effect, photo editing, and photo manipulation;
• Ability to articulate ideas and to take a creative project from initial to final stages;
• Excellent time, project management and multitasking skills;
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in Graphic Design, Marketing/Web Creative preferred.
** Required: your own editing software **
Our time zone is UTC -7, PDT (Pacific Daylight Time, Vancouver BC Canada)
Required: Weekly Team Meeting Tuesdays at 10 am Vancouver Time
Other hours on an as needed basis.
Approx. 5 to 10 hours per week to start immediately.
Hours to be increased as needed.
Likely up to 40 hours/week by October 2019
$2.50 to $3.48 per hour
17 freelancers are bidding on average $5/hour for this job
Hello, I am a professional video editor and a videographer. I have been working on e-learning videos for 4years. Working on deadlines and still bringing out creative work is what I am know for.