This is a very UNIQUE and fun position that loosely fits into the field of customer service and/or virtual assistant services. As a Health Advocate, you will take on the persona of a dog or cat avatar that is on a device in an individual’s home or bedside in the hospital. You will spend your time interacting with the clients through general conversation, playing games, songs, sharing stories and utilize our software to send pre-programed health coaching reminders and education.
We require staffing at all hours of the day, especially waking hours in the US. You might start out on a PART-TIME basis until you have demonstrated excellence in on-the-job training and your abilities are proven. Eventually you could work anywhere from 40 to 60 hrs/week.
1) Listen to and watch audiovisual streams of one or more people talking with you
2) Role-play as a lovable dog or cat with memories and a personality that may be different from your own
3) Type appropriate conversational responses in real-time
4) By doing 1-3 above, provide companionship and emotional support and deliver reminders for individuals who may be suffering from mental illness, loneliness or intellectual disabilities.
5) Use a web interface to view/enter/manage data and information applicable to 1-4 above. This involves writing in standard US English.
6) Creatively and proactively start conversations based on the client’s favorite topics, family photos and text comments.
7) Perform other related tasks as needed during your assigned shifts.
1) Excellent comprehension of colloquial, spoken American English and Spanish of various accents
2) Excellent written American English and Spanish spelling, grammar and punctuation
3) Excellent personal and social skills, including an understanding of American culture and etiquette
4) A positive attitude! This is a must, as in the course of your work you will inevitably communicate with individuals who struggle with a variety of health-related ailments and may encounter uncomfortable social situations.
5) Note that for cost and culture-fit reasons, we typically hire from the Philippines and Latin America.
6) Previous experience working in the medical field or with older adults is preferred.
7) Able to commit to a full-time, long-term schedule (at least 36 hours/week) for 6+ months.
1) Fast, accurate typing skills (60 WPM required, 90+ peak WPM preferred)
2) A reliable broadband internet connection that is available during your entire agreed upon schedule (typically 9 hour shifts, including breaks)
3) For each work shift, access to a reliable Windows or Mac computer with administrator privileges.
4) Screen resolution of at least 1366x768
5) Computer literacy and the ability to quickly learn new web-based interfaces
6) A working webcam and microphone. If using a laptop, must have an external mouse.
7) Must agree to company privacy and internet security policies (e.g. the use of automated software for this position are prohibited).
8) Your PC or Mac should be able to multitask. For example, you will need to be able to track your own time via Hubstaff while working from an internet browser (we recommend Chrome) for each shift of this position. Upon request, your computer should be able to do the following: take and email screenshots or screen recordings (for training and technical support), conduct occasional screen shares while working (for training), and be able to participate in video calls on Skype or Team calls while accessing a web browser.
We are an exciting, growing company from MIT. For more information, please see [login to view URL] and www.care.coach. If you believe you are a good fit for this position, we look forward to working with you to bring joy into the lives of many people and their families!
Starting Salary: $5.00/hr (up to $6.85/hr based on performance), for fluent English and Spanish speakers.* We offer salary raises in our in-house opportunities for advancement and performance-based bonuses of up to 37% in addition to your base rate salary as well as company lotteries.
*If your level of Spanish is intermediate, you may receive a starting salary different than what is listed on this job posting, on a sliding scale. If you do not know Spanish, please apply to our other job posting for English only speakers.
[Thanks for reading the entire job description. To show your diligence, please type "AHOY" as the first word in your cover letter AND introduce yourself in Spanish to acknowledge that you are fluent in Spanish. Applications that do not follow this instruction correctly will not be read, so you'll have a big advantage!]