A Proposed Milestone is the freelancers’ option to present their payment schedule based on their project’s progress. This feature helps freelancers to:
Proposing Milestone in your bid is a way to showcase your professionalism and prove to the client that you are serious about their business. This feature helps freelancers to:
discreetly request or remind the employers to create Milestone Payments after awarding their projects (for payment assurance)
- clearly state and describe their procedures and objectives in order to complete the projects
prove to the employer that they understand what the project is about
increase their chances of getting hired because employers prefer workers who understand their project needs, set plans and commitments, and can be paid at a reasonable amount
Read more about the benefits of Proposed Milestones here.
How to create Proposed Milestone Payments
1. Go to the project page you want to bid on, and click Bid on This Project.
2. Enter your bid amount and delivery time before hitting Place Bid.
3. Write your proposal for the project. The section for Proposed Milestones is at the bottom.
4. On the Proposed Milestones section, enter your first Milestone and the task you will accomplish for it. You can add more Milestones by clicking Add a Milestone.
You can propose up to a maximum of 10 Milestones.
5. Once you are done, click Submit Proposal.
The employer will award the project to the best freelancer for the job. This is where an effective bid comes into play. As a candidate, it's vital that you put your best foot forward when pitching yourself to prospective clients. Read more.