The dimensions listed below interact with one another to form a personal and social identity.
Referring directly to the course articles, readings, your journal and knowledge you have acquired
from class, you will:
• Write a paper no longer than 4-5 pages (plus Title and Reference page) reflecting on your own
social identity and the questions below. Self-awareness is a critical tool of anti-oppressive social
services work. Mullaly’s Unpacking Our Knapsacks of Invisible Privilege in your course pack will
• Use language that is reflective of anti-oppression or empowerment, rather than everyday
language. You have been practicing this in class and your journal writing.
• Integrate at least two articles from the course readings through direct citations or references.
This does not mean two quotes, and it means two different articles!
• The paper format and citations will be APA (see the blackboard and the Library website for
resources). Use the following heading and sub-headings:
1. Introduction: Begin with an introduction that describes the paper and identifies any key terms or
definitions you think are important from the outset. You may decide to describe what it was like to
write the paper or what you have learned, in a general sense.
2. Dimensions: Choose two of the following dimensions and reflect on your perceptions of yourself
in relation to the dominant or privileged group and your social identity. If you are part of the
privileged group, discuss that. If you have experienced discrimination or been discriminatory,
discuss that. Use the course readings to discuss your social location/identity.
a. Social class (past and present)
b. racialized identity
c. biological sex and/or gender
e. first language or language preference
f. sexual orientation
i. national origin
j. relationship status
k. occupation status
m. family type and background
Impact of Dimensions: Identify and discuss two new dimensions of the current aspects of your
social identity that might have a potential impact on your future work in the field. These can be
two additional dimensions. Consider people you might work with who may be “othered” or
members of oppressed groups. This impact can be either positive or negative.
4. Allyship: Discuss the following questions related to allyship:
• When would you have liked to have been a better ally for a person or group, and what kept you
from being that?
• What biases am I bringing to my work as an ally?
• Describe any population with which it may be difficult for you to work and analyze the reason for
this. State whether this is something that you feel that you should overcome, and if so, what you
might do to make it easier for you to work with this population.
• What are my sources of ongoing motivation in my work as an ally?
This is an opportunity to sum up your learning, your new awareness, or the process of writing the paper.
7. Please submit your paper by posting on the Assignment section of the blackboard. Your paper
will be submitted through SafeAssign, Requirements: Length: 4-5 pages (not including cover page, or reference page), double-spaced, professional presentation, in APA format and including a cover page, and reference list with proper in-text (citations) referencing. Academic and professional writing, credibility and strength of sources used, incorporation of course material, and reference sheet. Please contact SENECA LIBRARY on how to use APA In-text citation and reference format. For more detail requirements.
26 freelancers are bidding on average $24 for this job
Dear employer, I would love to assist you with your project. I have skills in APA Research Technical Writing Report Writing Article Writing Research Writing Let me know the detailed requirements via chat. Thank you!