1. This project will be developed by the Developer in Python, as a module of Odoo 12,
in keeping with its best practices.
2. The IP of this project, except the parts covered by Odoo’s licence, or the licence of
any other software components used to build this project, will belong to us.
3. This module will need a postgreSQL extension timescaleDB, which allows
postgreSQL to store Time Series Data, so you will need to test install this extension
to see that Odoo operation does not get disturbed by it, though it should not. If it
does we will have to rethink components of this project.
4. This module will use a separate schema in the postgreSQL database.
5. It will use various pre-existing foss APIs posted on Github to fetch Data from SEBI &
various Indian exchanges like NSE, BSE, MCX, NCEDEX etc. and Yahoo Finance
& Google Finance etc.
6. Job is to use pre-existing APIs to fetch Data – EOD quotes, Intraday prices,
Snapshot Data about trading that these exchanges display on their sites,
Fundamental Stock Data & Historical price data and store everything in Odoo
7. You must not think on writing API to do the job from scratch. You must use existing
8. You must check out existing API’s on Github & other similar sources and tell us you
can do the job. What parts you can do with existing API & what API will you use
and what part has no API so will need coding from scratch.
9. Based on discussions, we will amend this document & enlarge the scope of this
project to include creation of fresh API, IF NEEDED.