I want to modify the Bookly plugin for Wordpress.
The changes I need to make are purely for the back end Wordpress Admin interface.
Here's what I want updated. There are two options to get the functionality I require - the back end option (B) looks like the obvious choice to me because it's less customisation, however if point 3 in the front end option is easy to address from a techincal point of view then it is preferred.
Option A - Cutomise Plugin Front End
1. Change the default Bookly form to re-order process and form fields, creating a customised booking form.
2. The booking form not be public and used by internal business staff. With this in mind the Bookly form prepopulates user information. Want to completely remove this to make this form more of a internal booking form than a form where the end customer is filling out, and the user profile information from Wordpress is automatically filled.
3. A BIG issue with the front end booking form that must be resolved is the customer field. In the admin backend the customer field you can pre choose from existing customers. In the front end version of the form this doesn't happen. If we end up using the front end to customise, then this same functionality must be built into the form. EG in a customer field you can start typing and choose from an existing customer and have their information populated, or you can enter new customer information.
Option B - Customise Plugin Backend
1. Reorder the fields on the Booking form that comes up when Navigating within the WP dashboard to Bookly > Calendar > Then clicking to create a new appointment.
2. Changing the functionality required around adding in custom fields on the same booking form. Currently you have to add a customer then click on the customer's name to access fields Status, Number of Persons, and Custom fields'. I want this screen to instead be shown with the existing form, or as a multi part form, where you complete the basic details, click next and can then access this screen.
Definitely preferable if you experience customising / building plugins and definitely if you have worked with the Bookly plugin before. Also likely to need further customisations so their is potential for follow on work for the right developer for other Bookly customisations.
More detailed brief and live website link will be sent on job acceptance.
Bookly Plugin Homepage: [login to view URL]: