Update MySQL Fields - Import Export CSV file from FTP sites
This project received 21 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $82 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$10 - $30 USD
Objective: To keep a stock level file updated on an ftp site. The code will need to do a find and replace preformed on the ‘Stock Level’ field. We need to find stock levels that are greater than 3, if it is greater than 3 then the value needs to be changed to 3. (example: if value is 22, change the value to 3) We never want to have a inventory level for a product that is greater than 3. Once the fields have been updated, then export the table as an csv file to an ftp site.
The code can be either SQL, PHP, Python, command line
Take csv file from ftp server and import into MySQL database. The database should have two fields ‘SKU’ and ‘StockLevel’
1. MySQL database table ‘RSRgroupstocklevel’ the Field ‘StockLevel’ should be calculated to ‘0’ so all stocklevel is zero before importing new levels.
2. The csv file [url removed, login to view] will be imported from an ftp location into ‘RSRgroupstocklevel’ table
3. The file [url removed, login to view] does not have headers. It is two colums. One is the SKU name and the other is the stocklevel which is a number between 0 to 5000.
4. ‘RSRgroupstocklevel’ table find all ‘StockLevel’ filed numbers that are greater than 3, if greater than 3 change to ‘3’.
5. Export ‘RSRgroupstocklevel’ table as csv to ftp location.
6. This code should be run on a schedule of every 30 minutes. You may want to use an MySQL Event to do this. Or a cron job. (the original inventory list on the ftp server is constantly being updated)
7. Create brief documentation for re-use of the script. Provide steps and documentation on how to implement. (where to save files, any configuration)
8. Example Files can be provided during the bidding process, just ask and I will send them to you.
9. You will NOT be provided a machine / server, so please don’t ask for it. We can test your script on our server if you want to ensure that it will work at our end.
10. If have suggestions on a better way to complete this task then let me know. (changing values greater than 3 in a csv file on a schedule)
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online