For this project we need a travel website integrating into a XML feed to provide holiday data / deals to the website. The site visitor should be able to perform a search for a holiday based on their requested criteria.
Our internal development team has estimated this work at approx 30 hours work, however it is something we are looking to outsource due to internal workload.
This development entails:
- Constructing a PHP backend that will make the SOAP requests to the SVC service.
- Plugging the search forms into the PHP backend to make the search functionality work
- Create a page to display results based on the design provided and hook it into the backend. "Refine search" options and pagination must be present, this is part of the design provided, it just needs connecting to the backend. (My advice would be use jquery datatables and convert the XML to JSON)
- Create a page to display a single holiday for when a holiday result is clicked. Design is also provided for this.
- A booking form to be created to send an email with the customers details to our offices.
- A script for pulling a random deal from the API to be written for display on the home page as "featured deal".
This is an easy development project for someone who knows what they are doing. If you quote me an extortionate price then you obviously aren't able to finish in a short time.
Full Documentation for the API can be provided prior to awarding the job to ensure you are able to complete this task.
Upon awarding the job you will be provided with:
- FTP access to the developer subdomain
- The design files including documentation.
- API keys
- Complete SVC Documentation
- The integration needs to have everything listed above. No compromises.
- It can be built in either nodeJS (I'll need to set up nodemon) or PHP..
- If PHP, framework needs to be an easy to understand MVC framework.
- Clear commenting and clean coding throughout.