Custom Webmap data visualization
This project has been awarded to ifriends710 for $2350 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$1500 - $3000 USD
We need a customized webmap platform in our organization webpage (wordpress).
General Characteristics of the webmap:
- The origin of the point data is a .csv or shapefile format, contains many fields and associated photos, It was generated through [url removed, login to view] We will provide the database ready to be used for each section
- The webpage will be composed by four different map section, easily interchangeable by the visitor (seeattached example)
- The user could interact with the webpage, filtering the data displayed (date, kind), and viewing details of a feature selected.
- At least two basemaps available (satellite, roads)
Product 1. Field Observations. we have around 300 field observations*year, documenting issues or conservation problems in a Natural Reserve.
The screen will be centered on the map, showing all the observations, with different color according to type (include a label in the map).
At the right side, three charts will be displayed:
a) a cake (proportion of observations by status),
b) horizontal bar (number of observations by locality)
c) trend in time (number of observations per year) (line graph)
- User could chose any type of observation.
- User could chose if the observation is inside or outside the Reserve
- User could filter according of the range of years the observation (with an horizontal bar) (see photo of example)
- zoom in and zoom out, the data is filtered according data visualised in the screen
According to the filter applied all the charts at the should be updated.
Behaviour (selection): If the user select any point, it will be displayed a description, photo and other details associated. Note: Some fields of the metadata should be hidden according to the type of observation.
Product 2. Photopoints. We will have several photos taken at the same place (point) but for different years (2015-2016-2017-2018....). In a small map, when the visitor select a point (from a set of 30), the web should display: 1) the different photos taken at the point (major part of the screen) (same size each photo, each photo beside the other). 2) on a side bar a description and parameters of the photo. Each photo should enlarge by clicking on it.
Product 3. Simple map: Aerial photos. For several points, reveal the photo on mouse over. Enlarge by clicking on it.
Product 4. Simple map: Display two polygon maps (reserve infrastructure and management), on mouse over, show name, photos and description.
We expect to have two short meetings with the developers. One at the beginning and another and the end. The last meeting will be the last milestone of the work.
During the last meeting, we need the developer teach us how (i hope an easy way) we can update/upload new data to the webmap platform.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online