Advanced Arabic web aggregator & search engine
This project received 26 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $21 USD / hour.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$15 - $25 USD / hour
The task will be to create an Arabic web aggregator and search engine to track, display, review, and allow the interaction with stories (news, reports, opinions, video, blog articles, etc.) from hundreds of sources that allow extraction of structured data (XML, JSON, etc.) The source URLs would be fed -only one time per source- using a crowd-sourcing form that anyone can fill. The website will be open to all but there will need to be a members database for customising view and allow the users to interact (comment, vote, review) on content based on the set privileges that can be set by the website administrator. Upon verifying that the website works as intended, standalone Android and iOS apps will need to be created for easy access on mobile phones. Each of the sources would be checked regularly for new content and that content would be extracted and added to the database, after which notifications to reviewers would be sent via email and a native app that would be built for the website.
The skills that will be needed are as follows:
- Fluency in Arabic
- Advanced PHP programming skills with a focus on building efficient and scalable code that can accommodate large MySQL tables with complex structure and Arabic/English content
- Ability to write simple UX shell scripts (bash) for crontab processing
- Ability to create an API for the website to identify ratings, reads, comments, of stored items
- Ability to programmatically send regular content to FaceBook and Twitter via their APIs
- Understanding of Arabic efficient textual clustering, comparison, indexing and searching
- Understanding of UX commands crontabs, filesystem, and diagnostics
- Ability to use and create clean open-source libraries using version control (Git / GitHub)
- Ability to create standalone Android and iOS Apps with additional menu items
- Ability to work with a front-end web designer and meet deadlines
he project needs to be completed in six months and another five months can be used for testing, maintenance and documentation.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online