To design a crowdfunding website that has all of the functionality offered at websites such as [url removed, login to view], [url removed, login to view], [url removed, login to view] and www.indiegogo.com. Experience and knowledge of how crowdfunding works is important.
It will also need to include:
- forum section (discussion area similar to [url removed, login to view])
- and marketplace for finished products. ([url removed, login to view])
(RoR preferred ) (If you can create it in Wordpress or other CMS please mention that in reply)
Description of the platform :
The website will enable you to create a fund raising website/widget/mini-site where you can invite fundraisers and donors to get the crowd or people to help fund for member's project. It is the platform where people from around the world can post their projects.
People who submit the projects to the website for a review will be waiting for an approval or denial so that the campaign can be started.
The projects begin with a deadline, minimum goal to be achieved for funding, enforcing deadline and funding goal, setting up tiered levels and letting fundraisers maintain their ownership of projects.
Members' projects should be funded fully much before the time expires or before money exchanges hands. The admin should be able to mark some projects for partial funding too.
Core model :
The model is straightforward: you set a goal, deadline, and a set of rewards for your supporters. If you meet your goal, you get the money and your fans get their reward.
- Allow users to browse and pledge money toward projects in return for rewards
- Allow users to easily share projects via social media buttons
- Allow users to create a project (text, rewards, video pitch)
- All-or-Nothing Funding (unless a project is fully-funded by its deadline, no money actually changes hands)
- Our website will generate revenue by taking a % cut of all funds successfully raised. All credit card/transaction fees will also be passed on to the project creator. (still in discussion, might be free or minimally charged)
Broad features of the script:
Rich and easy admin area
Projects for fundraising have a certain goal or target to meet
Users can review & post comments on each project
It allows sharing projects on Facebook, Twitter and other social media outlets.
You can also see the upcoming projects which will be available soon
It provides an attractive, smart as well as CLEAN way to raise funds
Users can post, edit unlimited number of projects
You can also search for existing projects
Audience can also completed projects, featured projects (Projects should be able to be tagged and searchable - [url removed, login to view], Social, Sport, Film)
Features of User Side:
- Secure Login which is secure by MD5 algorithm
(paypal, amazon, and other major payment gateways should be configurable via main admin panel)
- User can post unlimited number of projects.
- Easy to donate on projects facilities.
- Fund raising status bar (Graph on donation page ) on every project.
- Review & comment posting facilities on each project.
- Full fund raising statistical report with graph on each project.
- User can allow, disallow all comment and reply to his/her published project.
- User can post update on project.
- User can share project on facebook & twitter/email.
- Project widgets ready to place on user or other website and blog.
- User can use embed code to place on his/her website or profile and share posted project perfectly.
- User can see all donations received on project.
- SEO friendly URLs
Features of Admin Side:
- CMS Template Management of the looks of the pages
- Create / Edit / Save as many icon sets as you like
- Secure Login which is secure by MD5 algorithm.
- Add New User: Ability to add/edit/delete new admin with designation.
- Manage the User : Manage the users, add/edit/delete/ban.
- Manage Project Categories: Add/edit/delete project categories(e.g. education, wedding, disaster relief, humanitarian ).
- Manage Project: Project management with full privileges including active, inactive and delete project.
- Manage Comments: Ability to allow, disallow and edit, delete comments on each project.
- Manage Photo Gallery: Ability to add/edit/delete images.
- Manage Pages: Ability to add/edit/delete content pages on website from admin dashboard.
- Manage Transactions: Ability to review all transactions made on each fundraising project.
- Ability to view total earned commission on all projects.
- SEO Setting: Fully featured admin panel setting for SEO including site title, Meta keyword, Meta description, site tracker (Google analytic) and other setting includes date & time format, paypal payment gateway setting etc.
- Email Templates: Ready to use email templates including welcome email, new activation email, new project email, new comment on project email, reply comment email, new donate receive email, project reached goal, project expire email etc. Ability to upload templates.
- Multilingual Setting: Multi-language website settings. (optional)
Other Admin Panel Features:
Extensive usage stats
Number of Approved/unapproved projects
Projects posted today/yesterday/last 7 days etc.
Pending withdrawal/make featured requests notification on admin home page
Highly configurable site parameters.
Highly configurable layout parameters
Configure Website name/keywords/logo/address, currency etc.
Set date format for the site
Switch ON-OFF email verification process
Configure all outgoing emails
Extensive transaction management console
----View all billing transactions
Extensive member management console
Extensive project management console
Email members individually or collectively
Visitor feedback section
In built ad management system
---Sponsored ad management
---Support for banner ads, featured project ads, text ads and affiliate ads
---Admin can Add/Edit/Delete/Approve/Disapprove any ad
---Support for running google adwords
Some Extra Features:
Login via fb,twitter, google, openid (important)
Tell a friend system
Email verification (Can be switched on/off from admin panel)
Password retrieval system
What we will provide :
- Payment in parts (as project progressess) and long term employment on this project if job is well done. Also will lead to other projects.
- A detailed brief and PSD files for the most important screens will be provided (if you have not included designing in your quote) - there is design work, coding to do. Backend/Admin panel should be clean and easy to use for main admin and signed up users.
Please note the following:
- All code and Intellectual Property will be owned by us.
- You will be required to sign a NDA before we provide you with the detailed brief and PSD files.
1. A fixed price for the initial delivery of the website, as well as an rate for ongoing modifications done to this website.
2. What are your payment terms and estimated timeline?
3. Provide samples of the more professional looking websites you have completed.
4. Provide any samples of crowdfunding websites you've completed.
5. Does your proposal include the creative design features/graphics or do you plan on working with another firm for the development of these elements.
6. Indicate any other material information that may influence the pricing of your bid.
Remember: Please include some samples of previous work in your proposal.
Thanks for reading my proposal and looking forward to your responses!