**Outgoing Email Relay (running as service)
**We need a relay server program that runs as a service on Windows 2000 Server. We currently use Ipswitch's Imail as the mail server (if this is important). We also have several other free mail components installed (if you would like to utilize a specific one please note this in your bid)
It seems like VB, C##, ASP .Net or other microsoft friendly technologies would be an appropriate development platform but we are open to suggestions.
The mail relay will only need to work with mail coming from a localhost although it will need to handle multiple IP addresses from the localhost. For security purposes we will want complete control to ensure that only localhost or authorized IPs are able to use the relay.
The relay will repackage both text and html emails sent:
1. for text emails it will repackage the contents, sending a new version that contains both the plain text version and (using a predefined template) an html version. The html version will put the email content in a simple table template that is sourced from an external html file (see attached templates).
2. for html emails it will repackage the contents, sending a new version that contains both the plain text version and a new html version that utilizes an external html file as a template. this part of the tool must strip out the <html> and <body> tags of the sent email in order to put the contents within the mail relay template.
Each IP address must utilize a different template.
The html template files may change so the relay program needs to utilize variables from the templates for layout flexibility.
Any reference to images would be absolute URL paths
At some point in the future we may ask for the application to utilize different templates for indivdual users within a domain. We would anticipate this would be based on sender email address.
The relay service service must have the ability to start and stop easily (from system tray would be ideal).
As an option we may also want to use the unique message ID in the repackaged html email for logging purposes.
If any of this is unclear please don't hesitate to ask. Thanks and best of luck bidding!!
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Complete zip file with appropriate installation instructions. (regsvr, copy to system/ directory, etc) on the Windows 2000 server .
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
Windows 2000 Server, Can utilize Ipswitch Imail Mail Server, or other IIS email component such as ASPEmail, etc.