Technical support / Tier-2 Tech for long term
This project was awarded to jeganlsv for $2 USD / hour.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$2 - $8 USD / hour
We are looking for a long-term part time (for now, with the hope to transition to a full-time position) Tier-2 technician to join our team. We develop deliver and support technology primarily for the hospitality industry in the United States (VoIP, Wi-Fi, SMS, etc.). We are a small team and give us wears several hats. You will be our first T2 and hopefully we will all grow together. Duties will include:
Take responsibility for the operational performance and sustainability of the in-service systems
Assist to resolve issues that were not able to be handled by tier 1
Serve as a general technical support specialist as needed, and during high call volume periods by
taking incoming request from end-customer
update spreadsheets and Visio drawings reflect system and configuration status and changes
Maintain and evolve our knowledge management system
Assist in developing and maturing services such as Chat tools, web site, etc.
Develop and support methods and procedures
Light design and programming work related to file transfers or automated scripting.
Analyze complex computer systems, identify problems, and develop and implement logical
conclusions and effective solutions
Desired skills include:
* 2+ years recent computer, server, and network troubleshooting experience
* Experience with VoIP, Asterisk, Wi-Fi
* Certifications: MCSA, CCNA, VCP
* Must be resourceful and able to take initiative in a dynamic environment
* Ability to effectively and efficiently troubleshoot technical problems
* Advanced knowledge of current Microsoft desktop and server operating systems
* Advanced knowledge of Microsoft SQL, Exchange, SharePoint and other server applications
* Advanced knowledge of computer and server hardware
* Familiarity with network troubleshooting
* Professional customer service skills
* Strong written and oral communication skills
* Ability and willingness to work in an environment providing 24x7x365 support
Looking forward to hearing from you!
Please submit a cover letter summarizing why you are great for our team, and we will hold a Skype chat and call to discuss
Thank you for considering the position.
Browse Related Skills
Other things people do on Freelancer
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online