I'm currently in the process of building an EdTech iPhone application that will serve as a tool for students all over the UK. I have a lot of technical experience but no longer have the time to build the application, and so am looking for a freelancer to build the project from the ground up with my oversight. I'm well versed in design, Objective-C and Swift, and so I expect well written and well documented code.
The project will require the use of something such as Parse Server (or a custom written backend using modern technologies - such as Node).
I won't delve into the gritty details of what the project is exactly, but here's an overview of the technical specification:
- The app will utilise Facebook's one-click login.
- The Profile view within the application will display data gathered based on their usage of the app.
- A live chat which will put the user in touch with a member of our team. I will be using SendBird's chat API for this.
- The app will retrieve data from a backend (this can be discussed further in your bid) and allow the user to read this data in designated UIViews.
- It's absolutely critical that the data on the backend can be added to and manipulated very easily.
- I will support you on implementing some of the finer design work in Swift, such as animations and style classes - so it is not entirely necessary that you understand how to do this exactly.
- Know Swift 2.2. I am willing to look the other way and build the app in Obj-C, but I will not be willing to pay as much for an app written in an archaic language
- Write great, maintainable code and document it well, as well as use best practices
- Have an understanding of core programming concepts and the iOS design language
- Know how to best work with third-party SDKs
- Speak fluent English - I'd hate for details to be lost in translation
- Are friendly, approachable and have your own ideas about implementation
- Have examples of efficiently written code or a portfolio of apps I can try out
- Be proficient in version control. Ideally GitHub.
- You understand back-end and API development, or know how to use services like Parse Server/Firebase.
- Can implement design work with no additional support
A final note... I am a developer and designer myself, and so will be looking at and working with the code you write. Please be aware of this when we are in conversation.
Happy bidding, I can't wait to hear from you.