We are seeking cooperation with experienced Electronics Engineers with experience in Digital Signal Processing to perform software porting from Analog Devices BlackFIN BF533 embedded software to generic code.
The project is to perform minor update on currently obsolete embedded software for Analog Devices BlackFIN BF533 Digital Signal Processors. Parts of the original embedded software is to be used for execution on a Webserver and parts of the original (obsolete) embedded software is to be used for Real-Time execution on new current DSP devices, FPGA devices, Android/iOS platforms and Linux/Windows computers.
The software is used in Digital Audio and is for Audio Frequency Measurement.
The software was originally developed in 2004-2007, and is to be re-used in new small-scale projects with minor modifications.
TASKS TO BE PERFORMED:
The required tasks are milestone-based and basically comprises of 7 main parts:
1. Split existing embedded software into modules (or “Building Blocks”) that can be re-used in new configurations,
2. Split existing embedded software into a Audio Measurement suite – and a Digital Audio Filter suite,
3. Correct old defects in the original software (from 2007): Minor modifications are to be implemented in the generic code output (Mainly removing unnecessary functions/features),
4. Port the Audio Measurement suite into generic code (for execution on a Webserver instead of a DSP),
5. Install the ported Audio Measurement generic code to a Webserver,
6. Port the Digital Audio Filter suite into generic code (for execution e.g on Android Devices, other DSP or FPGA etc),
7. Install (simple) parts of the Digital Audio Filter to Android Devices (SmartPhones).
REQUIRED SKILLS + EXPERIENCES:
We do prefer freelancers who have some experiences in relevant areas – but loyalty, top motivation, an interest in developing your own skills and stamina may (often) balance insufficient experiences in exactly the required areas required to fulfill this project.
• Documented experience (or minimum documented professional skills) in DSP embedded software development,
• Preferably experience (or knowledge) of Analog Devices BlackFIN DSP,
• It is an advantage – but not a requirement – to have minimum basic knowledge of Digital Audio and general Audio Measurement techniques (e.g. Loudspeaker Measurement and similar relatively simple areas).
It is very important to us that you are ready to work with us preferably during all planned phases of the project – and want to maintain/update updated generic code in a long-term cooperation.
PAYMENT + REMUNERATION:
Payment and remuneration based upon milestone-deliveries.
NON-DISCLOSURE AGREEMENT + NON-COMPETITION AGREEMENT:
It is mandatory to sign both a Non-Dislosure Agreement and a Non-Competition Agreement to participate in this project.
DOCUMENTATION + SPECIFICATION:
Freelancers who are chosen to work on this project will have access to specifications and documentation – and may also have a strong influence hereto during execution of the project.
We use Prince2 and SCRUM project management. (No prior experience is required as we will teach Freelancers the required techniques.)
We do NOT want to work with agencies or any other “middle-man”. So if you represent an Agency/Agent, please do NOT apply for participation in this project. All contact from Agencies/Agents will be IGNORED and NOT responded to!
Only Freelancers who perform hands-on work are allowed to participate in this project. We want a long-term cooperation directly with hands-on developers who can join our company as partners/subsuppliers.
Our target is to locate and select Freelancers with appropriate skills, high motivation and stamina during Q1, 2020 and kick-off the project (no later than) prime Q2,2020 (however, faster kick-off is beneficial).