The role’s purpose is to supercharge our data science capabilities through the design, deployment and improvement of data science strategies.
We are looking for a Business Analyst who will support our leadership teams with insights gained from analysing company data. The ideal candidate is adept at using large data sets to find opportunities for product and process optimisation and to test the effectiveness of different courses of action.
They must have a proven ability to drive business results with their data-derived insights. They must be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams. The right candidate will have a passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets and working with stakeholders to improve business outcomes.
- Work closely with the COO and CEO to provide fact-based insights for business decision making
- Support planning through what-if analysis
- Translate complex problem statements into specific deliverables and requirements, and then deliver on these using suitable analytical and visualisation techniques
- Design and develop scalable solutions to meet business requirements
- Ensure consistency in performance standards and compliance to data security requirements
- Utilise cloud platform and services to perform deep analysis
- Be an active part in the delivery of the BI end-to-end solutions that include data gathering, modelling and reporting in cooperation with other team members.
Are you the right candidate?
- Strong problem solving skills
- Proven ability to drive business outcome through data science or analytics
- Subject matter expert in common regression frameworks and statistical analysis best practices
- Experience in utilising cloud platform and services in data science work
- Ability to explain and present analyses and data science concepts to a broad technical and non-technical audience
- Be able to rapid-prototype and deliver data science solutions aligned with Finder mission and values, ensuring high standards of quality, innovation, and respect for user privacy
- A passion for making data science methods robust and scalable
- Strong programming skills with proven experience in SQL query and at least one of Python, R or Julia
- Collaborative and innovation-focused
- Experience in a high-energy startup or an enterprise-class software company
Nice to have
- PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or related field;
- Experience in A/B testing and its best practices;
- Experience in building/designing relational databases or reporting/BI platforms;
- Experience in modern data warehousing techniques (dimensional data modelling, ETL workflow development, etc.);