Write a web app that allows users to create lists and add movies to them. The app should also allow
users to rate movies.
There is an IMDB API here: [url removed, login to view] .
Up until recently, it was free. However, now it costs $1 a month to use. If you would like to do the IMDB
API portions of the challenge, it is entirely up to you. If not, that’s totally fine and you won’t be
penalized. Please keep in mind that if you choose not to, we will most likely ask you questions about
how you would have implemented the IMDB API portion into your application.
● Create a form that allows users to create a new movie list.
○ The only requirement is that the list has a name.
○ OPTIONAL: the user can search IMDb and add movies to the list while creating it.
● Create a view that allows the user to see all of their movies lists.
○ This page should display the name, average rating, and number of movies for each list.
○ Clicking a list will take the user to the list page.
● Create a view that allows a user to view a movie list.
○ This page should display the name of the list and all the movies in the list.
○ This page should display relevant movie information (title, year of release, movie poster
[if applicable], genre, etc.) for each movie in the list, as well as the user's rating.
○ The user should be able to rate a movie.
■ Movie ratings are global, i.e., if the movie is in another list, the rating applies to
that list as well.
■ Feel free to implement whatever type of ratings system you want (5 stars, thumbs
up/down, rotten tomatoes style, etc.)
○ The user should be able to sort the movies by name or rating.
○ The user should be able to filter the movies by title.
○ The user should be able to remove a movie from the list.
○ The user should be able to add a movie to the list.
○ The page should display the average rating of all of it’s movies.
● OPTIONAL: Create a view that allows the user to search IMDb and add movies to 1 or many
○ This page should display relevant IMDb information (title, year of release, movie poster
[if applicable], genre, etc.) for each movie in the search results, as well as the user's
○ Clicking a movie should allow the user to add that movie to 1 or many existing lists, as
well as give it a rating.
8 freelancers are bidding on average $50 for this job
I can create a REST Api that you define using Django REST Framework. Django is a powerful, fast Python Framework. Stay tuned, I'm still working on this proposal.