We are looking for a motivated and talented freelancer to participate in an interesting mobile app (iOS/Android) development project. Our development would have two main tasks.
a. PLEASE READ THE JOB SPEC, CAREFULLY.
b. PLEASE DO *NOT* SEND A GENERAL COVER LETTER. We will not review them.
c. Please only reply to the query if you have already done similar projects.
d. Send us your portfolio / related works that represent your skills which are SPECIFICALLY related to this project.
Task 1) Map Maker (~ 3 Weeks):
This should happen on the admin console.
1.1. Load Google Earth/Map for specific regions based on the admin choice.
1.2. Create an interface in which the admin (or authorized users) can allocate a set of properties 'P' (which has some specifications, such as ID) to each GPS data point on the region from (1.1).
Note: The GPS data is read from the admin's phone ( also other authorized users.
1.3. Using Step 1.2, create a specific map layers L (can be either in KML or other appropriate formats) and overlay them on the Google Earth/ Map.
Task 2) Dynamic Map Filler (~ 3 Weeks)
This should be designed on both users'/ admin’s mobile app/ platform.
The user app should have all the essential options such as profile, social media log-in, sign in/out, landing page, etc. ( see the General Note section)
2.1) Use layer L from Task (1) and update it based on the GPS read from the users, instantaneously. For example, if the user is driving a car and parked at location ‘x’ on the map then the property of L for that specific location may change.
• The app should detect intelligently if the user has parked the car at location x, or the user can manually enter his/her status ( such as the map app in Apple)
• The app should digest:
o Traffic flow on Google Maps
o Different modalities of data: video/camera, GPS data(speed, yaw-rate, x,y,z, self-report for particular time stamps.
Server Connection: The updated layers L should be uploaded to the server so other users are able to use the updated layer.
Scalability: As it is obvious, the platform should work well with an increasing number of users.
2.2) The current and previous properties of the map should be stored on the server-side and should easily be available for our data processing pipeline.
Note: The developer should provide us the recommendations for the server.
2.3) Money/ point transaction capability should be available through the app. The users can subscribe to different services, update current services, or gain/use points and use them within the app.
2.4) The app should send notifications to users about the properties of specific loci.
• The app should have conventional app features (such as landing page, registration/ log-in, easy-to-navigate, social media integration, security, off-line work, Connectivity standards, Personalization, use of latest technology, cross-platform, provide feedback on interactions).
• The graphics/icons should be designed by the developer.
• The developer should work with us closely and openly to make the app have intuitive navigation, color scheme, device orientation, mobile first-design, web-app integration.
• Providing the source code and installable app for iOS/Play Store.
• The code should be commented well.
• The code must be written in an efficient programming style for real-time processing
• The total number of app pages is about 10 (subjected to change)
• The developer should be fluent in English, time punctual, and dedicated to work.
• Signing NDA is required.
• Sticking to the defined set of deliverables/timelines are mandatory.
• Availability upon request: working time US PDT.