We need a Delphi method that will hide an ordinary application from the Process List in Windows 98, ME, 2000, XP, and Vista We do not want something that only works with Windows Task manager; we want a tool that will hide the process from any Windows Task Manager-like applications (probably by hooking into NtQuerySystemInformation() on NT-derivatives).
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
* * *This broadcast message was sent to all bidders on Sunday Nov 19, 2006 9:54:36 AM:
Thank you to all bidders; this project has been open for a while now and we will choose a coder shortly.
We still need to know a bit more about everyone before making a bid. Please follow-up on your bid with the following information:
1. Is your solution a hooking (DLL)-type method, or a driver-based one ?
2. Have you written such before ?
3. If we ask you to implement either or both methods (legacy driver, app-level hooking), what would your bid be ?
4. How long will it take you to finish the work ?
We expect to close the bidding process on Tuesday.
Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista; optional: Windows 98