I am building my first website. For subscribers to my newsletter, I want to give away a free monthly electronic calendar for use on the end-user’s computer desktop. (End-user is my website visitor/newsletter subscriber.) Here is the web page where I describe and promote the product:
[url removed, login to view]
1. I would like the [url removed, login to view] program to be written in C or C++ using only Windows installed libraries under XP, Windows GDI. Can use open GL or Direct X.
2. The most important feature is end-user satisfaction with the calendar
3. The [url removed, login to view] program must be fairly small in size and very simple for the end-user to download.
4. [url removed, login to view] program should not require more than 100MB of disk space (subject to revision upon advice of Coder) when installed on end-user's computer.
5. There must be no requirement for end-user to download additional Windows (XP SP1 or SP2) components separately in order for [url removed, login to view] to function as described on my web page above.
6. Buyer is absolutely NOT a programmer and describes this product from the point-of-view of end-user satisfaction. Therefore, Buyer is receptive to any ideas which will improve simplicity, usability, and attractiveness of the product
7. Buyer is absolutely NOT a programmer and would appreciate Coder advice on feasibility of design of [url removed, login to view] as described on my web page above. Design may be revised based on Coder advice. The #1 goal of [url removed, login to view] is attractiveness and desirability of product to end-user (website visitor).
This is a CONTINUATION of "Description"
1. Each month Buyer must be able to insert a new background .jpg for the current month’s calendar (800 x 500 pixel created in Photoshop 7) into the program, and upload a new calendar to my website for subscribers to download (i.e., a new calendar for May 2007, a new calendar for June 2007, a new calendar for July 2007, etc, exactly as shown on the web page above.
2. Therefore, Buyer must be instructed how to edit the code each month in order to change the background graphic and name of the file ([url removed, login to view], [url removed, login to view], [url removed, login to view] ??" or some other logical method) so that end-user may have several calendars open on his computer desktop at the same time. Buyer understands that he may have to acquire/purchase software in order to edit the code each month.
DESCRIPTION OF CALENDAR FUNCTIONS
1. User download should unzip to a folder on the Desktop & have a program-start icon (Buyer will create icon).
2. The calendar should have at least two user-selected sizes: maximized to 800 x 500 pixels, minimized to 200 x 125 pixels.
3. With the calendar maximized to 800 x 500 pixels, User must be able to type four rows of text into each cell of the calendar (font: Verdana, Bold Italic, color #990000)
4. When minimized to 200 x 125 pixels, it should be possible to drag (move) the calendars around the desktop. It would be desirable to be able to “tile?? or “cascade?? the calendars
5. In addition to maximize (800 x 500) and minimize (200 x 125), calendar should have a Close (X) button
6. Calendar must have two hyperlinks at the bottom of calendar - one going to homepage and one to FAQ page
7. Calendar must printable
I will provide the blank 800 x 500 px calendar .jpg which will be the background. As mentioned above, I would like to consider additional cost to build a Mac version also. All suggestions to improve my idea, or improve user experience would be greatly appreciated! Thank you very much.
1. Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2. Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows:
Ready for buyer to insert 800 x 500 pixel calendar graphic as background, for Buyer to upload to website for downloading by website users.
3. Functionality is described under "Description." Buyer is NOT a programmer and is open to suggestions on improving all aspects of calendar design.
4. Important to repeat: Goal is for website user to find calendars easy to use and useful enough to download a new one every month.
5. For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request. All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
Windows XP SP1 and XP SP2. Would also like to consider additional cost to build version for Mac OS.