Feasability study for Thru valve leakage & corrosion detection & development
- Status Closed
- Budget $750 - $1500 USD
- Total Bids 14
We have a smart programmable device with sensors that will be mounted on the stem of a pipeline valve.
1. The system should support gas (natural gas) & liquids (crude oil) pipelines (to begin with) - metal pipelines 4" or larger diameter separately.
2. You evaluate the feasibility of using different technologies to detect thru-the-valve stem product leakage volume
using acoustic or vibration signatures or any other mechanisms you determine to be appropriate.
3. Detect corrosion, water/undesirable liquids inside the pipelines - the extent of it & the distance
from the device, using acoustic or any other technology you deem fit. Also determine how far will be
the effective distance of evaluation from the device under a set of given parameters.
4. You shall also have to evaluate & find the make/models of any sensors required to support the desired functionalities.
The sensors' output should be one of typical industrial signals, so that it can be easily read.
Specify any special signal handling techniques required.
5. There will be ambient vibration on the pipe structures due to running pumps etc. which has to be filtered.
6. The processing horsepower required on the device will also be recommended by you.
The system you specify will need to be rugged to withstand outside environment.
7. Once a feasability study is done, get an approval from us to start the software work for algorithm development.
Jointly identify the best software development environment. If you do not have the capability to build/deploy the software, we shall help you.
The device has various sensors already or additional sensors, if needed, can be added. Jointly determine if the current device is appropriate or not.
Help us with testing process in some simulated & then real-life environment. The device can be provided to the successful candidate, if needed.
The whole work should not contain any rights, encumbrances owned by any other agency or party & you will release all ownership of everything to us.
Respond with what you can successfully do, even if it is a small part of the project.
Any prior related work experience references will be an asset.
The budget is flexible & you are welcome to quote partial activities. Please ask questions if we have missed something.
No upfront fees. Only serious persons apply after you have read understood. Please ask questions. Please do not provide any irrelevant info.Get free quotes for a project like this
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online