Simple database of articles that allows some customization and auto posting to wordpress blogs.
This database application will push data to wordpress. Nothing will be downloaded from wordpress.
See the attached screen mockups. I have shown my mockups with graphics etc. You may use standard Java GUI elements for fields etc.
1. This application should "call home" on launch. I have included the DLGuard developers guide for how to query the email and receipt number. When applicable (ie: first launch or upon refund) it will ask the user for their email and receipt number, validating against my customer database. I use an easy application for my download sales that allows for this functionality.
2. The browser allows users to import CSV documents or folders full of text files.
In the case of folders with text files the filename will be the title. Titles should be forced to title case with dashes and .txt extensions removed. Tags will be taken from the title words and separated by comma. The user should have the ability to enter a master category during import of a folder.
3. Wherever the date is shown, a standard graphical calendar should appear allowing the user easy inputting and date formatting.
4. In the case where no category is used, wordpress will use its default category. Give the user the option to create a category for the single article or batch before publishing if no categories are being used.
5. The find button allows the user to input text into any field. using commas should allow for multiple word or phrase finding. Upon hitting the enter key the database find is performed. Find all restores to the entire database. I show how many articles are found in the top left of the browser. This number should also show the database total next to the found total.
6. I did the mockups in filemaker pro. You may ignore the icons in the bottom left corner of the window.
If you have any questions please feel free to ask thanks :)