NASA Contest: Design the JSC Pharmacy Graphic
- Status: Closed
- Prize: $300
- Entries Received: 1221
- Winner: Jun01
The goal of this challenge is to create a graphic to be used by the Johnson Space Center (JSC) Pharmacy. The graphic should convey the purpose of the JSC Pharmacy. Previous JSC Pharmacy graphic is attached to this contest, but the contest owner is open to a completely new design.
The graphic will be used in multiple ways at NASA. A small version of the graphic may be used in the top corner of documents, a larger version could be used on the title page of presentation materials, or the graphic may be used on other products developed by the NASA team.
Our mission is to provide safe and effective medication therapies with a space medicine focus to our international and universal population that includes astronauts, medical support colleagues and other members of the occupational workforce. As we support living and working in a spaceflight setting which includes the international space station, commercial crew, and future exploration missions to the moon and Mars, the subject matter expertise of the pharmacist team stands pharmacovigilant to the uniqueness of providing medication treatments in both the planetary and space environments. As our space frontier expands, the pharmacist team will continue to be integral in the pioneering of pharmaceutical care in this unique realm.
The Pharmacy team performs standard pharmacy activities such as dispensing medications, providing physician and patient education, tracking and maintaining the pharmaceutical inventory, and developing and maintaining pharmacy policies and procedures. The team is frontline to selecting medications for on-orbit medical care, medical kit development and ensuring that pharmaceutical treatments can be utilized in the unique environment of space. There are still many unknowns with respect to the stability of medications in the spaceflight environment and whether or not medications behave differently with the altered human body. The Pharmacy team is present and positioned to support research in these gaps in knowledge.
Check out these links for more information about our work at the JSC Pharmacy:
Pharmacists out of this world: [login to view URL]
Supplying a pharmacy for NASA exploration spaceflight: challenges and current understanding: [login to view URL]
• Include the mortar and pestle.
• Include versions of the graphic with and without the words: JSC Pharmacy
• Both a color version and black/white version are required.
• Source File Requirements: All original vector source files if awarded at handover. Files should be layered AI or EPS.
• All non-standard Windows/Apple fonts must be listed in a text file in final handover if selected with name of font and a link to downloaded/purchase.
• All text in the graphic should be converted to outlines.
• Preview Entry Image Requirements: Please create your graphic preview image as one (1) 1024x1024 JPG or PNG file in RGB color mode at 72dpi. Show your graphic on BOTH a black and white background.
• The NASA insignia or other NASA logos cannot be used as any part of the submission.
• Color pallet is open, but limited to 6 colors. Do not create a graphic that uses only the red, white and blue colors, like the NASA insignia.
• Please avoid gradients or other special effects as they are difficult to reproduce across all media.
• Please avoid use of the Vitruvian man.
• Please avoid use of the University of Nottingham Astro Pharmacy logo.
Stock Photography Requirements:
• Stock photography is not allowed in this contest. All submitted elements must be designed solely by you.
• Requirements: Does your submission meet the requirements as stated within the challenge?
• Quality: Does your submission look fresh, professional, and clean?
• Concept: Does your submission represent the JSC Pharmacy?
Please note that NASA employees/contractors are not eligible for this contest.
“Melodee does great work. ”
nasacoeci, United States.